May 15, 2007

Shaky Shaky!!! Shakeys!!!

Place: Shakey's Restaurant, Dumaguete City
When: May 2007 and July 2008.

Shakey's Dumaguete Branch
Shakey's Dumaguete was new then , when we visited this restaurant last May 2007. It was when my Lhao-uy Friends (Way, Jaiton and Madewin) came in the city for our free review in Silliman during the infamous nursing board retake. We were very clueless that time as to the location of the said restaurant since I was still on the verge of getting to know my folk's city (though I've been in and out of this city since my childhood). The only thing that we knew was the street address somewhere in Rizal Boulevard from a certain flyer distributed in Lee Plaza. Good thing, manong pedicab driver gave us a safe correct ride. It was just right next to the Bethel Guest House fronting the famous boulevard.

At that time, we were very impressed with the service given. The food servers were well kept and tidy and were very accommodating. I  was a bit happy and feel a bit a sense of pride since these remarks were made by my friends (in their first time in the city) To quote, "Dumageutenos are very friendly, accomodating, trustworthy and helpful." Indeed this is the reason why it was tagged as the "City of Gentle People."

We were not only impressed by the service crew but as well, I love the ambiance inside the restaurant. It was cool and cozy. The comfort rooms were clean and dry. You can either have your seat inside or outside the resto with the scenic view of the boulevard.

micah, alen, me, lea, georgia, sancho and tonton 

The second try for this restaurant was during my Lola and Uncle Sancho's first visit in the Philippines. I had the same remarks that my friends made before for this second visit. The interior changed a bit but the service still is best. What makes it memorable was the fact that this restaurant turned out to be the dance floor. Tables and chairs were pushed to the side and the customers were all freaking dancing. The reason why the crowd grew this wild was the musics being played by the music band that night that put us onto our dancing shoes.


Pizza, pizza, pizza
Food wise. SUPERB!!!!
Something to try when in Dumaguete City! Highly Recommended.


Thumbs Up! Till next tripping................






other pictures while at Shakey's DMGTE









No comments: