July 18, 2008

JOs 2 by the Sea!!!

Place: Jos 2 Restaurant by the Sea, Sibulan, Negros Oriental

This restaurant is located somewhere north of Dumaguete City, just on the side of the national highway. This is easily spotted as fronting the restaurant is a very big man made statue of Mama Mary (on the left side of the road if you come from the south). This is the second branch of Jos restaurant in Dumaguete City. The first is located near the Silliman University along Silliman Avenue. They are known for their chicken barbeque and this is the Dumaguete's version of Mang Inasal and Chicken Inato in Zamboanga. But aside from that well known fact, I have discovered something new and it's their Halo Halo.

I've got my first taste of their Halo Halo
with Rm, Ela's uncle, Ela's mom, Ela and Ashraf ( Ela's x) last Dec08
Their Halo Halo is very unique and very tasty. I sooo love the presentation as well. The condiments are place inside the ungrated freshly cut coconut. Very unique because unlike other Halo Halo I have tasted, their's is fresh because the coconut meat still sticks on the coconut that you still have to grate it. Sugar is provided so you can add some according to your taste. I forgot the price though but it is really very cheap (Ela's Mom paid the bill) , maybe it was less than a Php100.

i sooooo love their tables
I totally love the restaurant structure. I love the cogon grass use as their roofing. I love how they use lighting inside the establishment. The light does not only serve its purpose ( that is lighting) but it also served as an accent (a point of interest to shoot) on the ceiling. 

I would also like to commend their table. It is very unique, native, classy and very filipino. It is a wooden bangka painted with green, blue and mostly yellow placed on the part of the restaurant that is fronting the Cebu Island. The cool sea breeze contributed a lot to the good ambiance of the restaurant. 



with family on the resto's parking area
Their parking area is also a plus point. It is very spacious and safe. In the picture above, it was taken somewhere on the parking lot sometime in July 2008 when I went home to Zamboanga processing my NCLEX papers and I totally missed this family trip. As you can see, on both sides of the pictures is where you can park your vehicle, on the middle part of the picture (fronting the restaurant) is the garden that houses the big statue of Mama Mary.

No comments: