December 31, 2008

Amazing 2008

The year 2008 has been so jam packed with lots of surprises and fun activities. I really feel that this year is a very special year for me and a very memorable to the family, as well. It started when I made such funny religious rituals during the christmas festivities. Whenever I hear on television or radio that a certain rituals is effective to shield off bad negative vibes, then i do it. I even dare to buy 12 pieces of oranges, 12 sticks of chinese candles put on our dinner table, 3 packs of candies, a handwahing rituals with the use of lime juice, candies thrown on the air at stroke of 12 midnight just to be part of my rituals. I can’t just imagine why i did that, as if I am so desperate to call every angels and saints be it in my religion or other sects to help me pave my way to success. After that, our served meals are all round and home made, experimental meal like the pizza, chinese siomai and cakes. The christmas break was so enjoyable and fun. Then came our barangay’s fiesta. I served our purok of Barangay back in Zamboanga City as the official decorator. Well, actually, I was not that really in that position, they just mentioned it or name-called it, but it wasn’t in reality. But anyways, i got to served the patron saint of our barangay, the festival of Sto. nino. The month was January, I was entangled with lots of issues that time. Bombarded both with personal and life issues, of which I am going to do first and second. Truly, I really got to exercise setting the priorities. Just imagine you are being called by your supervisor to duty a 12-hour shift and get paid per hour entagled with the job of decorating the barangay hall. It was so funny then, that i ended up not meeting both ends. So i prioritize the latter and help my fellow ka-barangay. Well, i got lots of good comments from what i did. They even compare my creation to other districts of our barangay and they said mine is the best. And mind you, my name was even aired during the fiesta time and thanked me. Well that’s the kind of compliment you don’t get everyday. LOL. After that hectic first month of 2008, then came February where I was called by the hospital to duty as a staff. My stay with Brent Hospital and Colleges Incorporated was very Okey because everybody accepts me very well probably they already knew me because that’s my alma mater. It was not only purely duty and work but there was also fun activities done with my co-workers. It’s as if were having both worlds working in a working millieu. Men that was very funny, because it is not working business were doing but were just having fun. But of course, we didnt leave our patients there. Dah…, I offered my service with that hospital for 5months. Unfortunately, because of the approval of my NCLEX application, i decided to resigned from work. In addition to that, my Gramps and Sancho will be here in the Philippines.

And this will be the very first time that I got to meet them personally in my 22 years of existence. It was very hard decision I made because the Brent Family has been part of me already but going to US has been my ambition and I dont want to waste the opportunity to kindle with them the relationship that is suppose to be there so I have no choice but to terminate my service with them. At first, it was just for Work leave for one month however, I was not permitted by the HR department. And so, a Resignation Letter was filed. After that day, I went to Dumaguete City alone. It was my first time to be travelling alone. Funny right? Who would think a 22 year old adult at that situation. LOL. The travel was ok and I was fetch by my parents on the seaport the following day. I arrived at our Dauin residence around 1pm and the house was still under renovation for the upcoming reunion. The succeeding days were very busy because i helped with the ongoing renovation. On July 14 we flew to the Philippine’s capital city, Manila and I was very excited because that was my first time to be in that place. However, I was very disappointed with what I saw there. The place was so ugly and I couldn’t live there any longer. As if, every modern problems can be found there. Traffic was worst among others, followed by pollution, overcrowding, flood, heat and almost evrything. However, aside from the perks mention, the place gave me the chance for the first time to go to a mall that is gigantous. Well, I even remember my gramps exagerating the size of the establishment. In my place Zamboanga, if you will compare mall to manila, it just like 1/8 of the whole land area ,that big. I went to MOA, SM, Robinsons, Shang Rila, Greenhills, EDSA Central, Divisoria, Baclaran and others. If you are looking for products and RTWs then Manila is the perfect place however, if you are looking for a greener, fresher area then country side is definitely for you. Then on our last day, we went to the NAIA International airport to fetch lola, sanch and micah.

No comments: