December 19, 2008

Wuthering Heights Beach Resort! Oh la la!!!

Place: Wuthering Heights Resort, San Jose, Negros Oriental
Date: December 2008



I am really not familiar with the name as to whether its the Ayuquitan Resort or the Wuthering Heights, not until  I finally got the answer while making this a blog. Wuthering Heights Beach Resort is in Barangay Tapon Norte, San Jose, Negros Oriental which is formerly known as Ayuquitan (from inukitan or bird pickings), which is a part of Amlan before in 1955.

It is approximately 14 km north of downtown Dumaguete and roughly around 20 minutes ride. Like the usual beach resorts I went before but it has a very nice long walk way ramp and a very nice view from their restaurant viewing deck. You can either have your photos taken on the ramp with an awesome view of the Tanon Straight and Cebu Island or have a dip directly to the sea in great depth from the ramp.

the ramp of the Resort
Ayuquitan beach, shoreline and covered walkway, E
the walkway with some co beach goers
Like the reason that I have always made, I really can not swim, and for this particular event I totally forget my Rubber duckie (referring to my Life Vest) with me. While RM, Ela and Ashraf had their swim on the said part of the ramp and made it to the floating cottage, I was busy taking pictures alone together with Anti Dayday (Ela's Mom).


Unlike in my place (Dauin) the beach here is not so good. Like in Zamboanga(my hometown), the sea shore has some rocks and stones that made our swim a bit a problem. It was worsen by the fact of a strong wind current that day that at times we were pushed away to the shore that we ended up hitting on a big stone. So instead we just treat ourself  for a photo shoot around the resort.


I love the rock formation on the side of the shore. I love how they architecturally formed this stones to stairs and made it a part of the resort. The viewing deck was a limestones that was structurally engineered to form as such.


Sorry but then again I really forgot the entrance fee but I believed its lying below Php50 (again, I was just a hitcher, lucky me!!!)

Till next tripping, folks!!!

No comments: