October 01, 2011

The National Shrine of our Mother of Perpetual Help


This is my third time in this church. First in July 2008 when I met my Grandma the first time with my eldest sis and Uncle Mike, second in the same year, September when I took my NCLEX with mom and Maribel, and now my third time with Shelanne. 

This modern romanesque styled church, officially called The National Shrine of our Mother of Perpetual Help and also called the Redemptorist Church, is one of the largest churches in the Philippines located along Roxas Boulevard in the barangay of Baclaran, Paranaque City and is the home of one of the most venerated and celebrated Blessed Image Mary Images in the country, the icon of Mother of Perpetual Help. Many devotees come here especially on Wednesday which is popularly known as Baclaran day.

The icon in the altar according to wikipedia came from Germany, that bears the papal seal in back paneling. This is the only church that I have visited that is with numerous large flat screen television mounted on all perimeter of the church to accomodate large volume of devotees especially during Wednesday masses.

  

This is the Candelarium, which is just right beside the main entrance of the church infront. It houses the lifesized mosaic of the Blessed Virgin Mary which I first saw last 2008 and was wondering that time as to why they were knocking on the mirror screen of the mosaic while praying. 

Apart form the church, the place is also well known for shopping as the area is flanked with novelty shops at each turns. 

How to get here?

You can ride the LRT Line-1 and drop at the southernmost tip of the train, Baclaran Station and you can just walk your way to the church. By simply asking directions by almost anyone on any stall because you will arrive on certain tiangue tiangue in baclaran and they will give you directions.

Please click.............. Back to My Gay (Misadventure) Manila Trip Part 2

No comments: