July 26, 2011

It Emilia's Birthday


Place: Capiz Function Hall, Hacienda de Palmeras, Zamboanga City
Date: July 26 2011

****************************************************************************************

Actually her original birthday was a day before this event, July 25 2011, but since it was Sunday, it was moved to July 26 and was celebrated at Capiz Function Hall, Hacienda de Palmeras. Miss Emmie Suriaga (fondly called Mam Emilia) is our Nurse Supervisor at my workplace. She is known for being stern at work and had brought terror onto most staff's spine. That was actually most orientees first impression ( and I actually used to share that same  belief). But through the years, my impression was wrong after all. She is one of those few people on Brent that you can depend on. I understood her being strict because being scrupulous is a must in our work that made her promoted.






Through this tarpaulin, I have known Mam Emmie's true age. She is celebrating her 33rd birthday that day, like my eldest sister. But her age is a total opposite to her looks. When you happen to be a stranger and you don't know her, you might think that she is one of those high schoolers in their teens in white uniform. 
MAm Emmie's cake and balloons couresy by Bygems and Capprico Art Cake
I love Mam Emmie's cake by Cappricio Art Cake. It is a bit expensive but mind you it is one of the best cake I have ever tasted. I thought that it was just for the sake of art that they sacrificed the flavor but no, I was wrong. I love the taste (not super sweet, not super hard or soft, just the right thing that I am looking for). I also love how they formed the cake. It was shaped like that of a handbag which Mam Emmie used to bring along with her whenever she's going out. In fact, when we were about to slice the cake, we where darn wasting the cake design and thought of just preserving it.
Mam Emmies blowing her cake



I love this part here where we created the game inspired by one of the contests given by the leading noon time show in television and it is called EMILIA's Henyo. We made some improvised flash cards and wrote all that has something to do with the birthday celebrant and paste it on the forehead of the one who will guess the word while the other participant will decode the word by any means he could ever think.

The complete cast of Glee Club




Teban labelled us as the technical committee because me and Carlo was assigned at the video presentation slides. We were having trouble with the  laptop and lcd projector but in the end we successfully showed the video.


HAPPY 33RD BIRTHDAY MISS EMMIE Q. SURIAGA!!! Stay Young and Look Young!!!!

No comments: