April 07, 2012

Sans Rival Cakeshop

Place: Sans Rival Cakeshop, Main Branch, San Jose Street, Dumaguete City
Date: April 7 2012

Sans Rival Cake from Dumaguete
They say, "your trip to Dumaguete will never be complete without ever tasting sansrival cake and silvanas." That goes to show that all my Dumaguete City Trip since my childhood years were partially accomplished. I have seen a lot of reviews and recommendations from co-bloggers regarding this famous cake and pastries shop in the city and so, I declared (while preparing my itinerary) that this must be a must-visit and must-taste delicacy when in Dumaguete.

The store, by the way, is just right across the Chin Loong (where I celebrated my 23rd birthday) near Rizal Boulevard. I never thought that the famous bakeshop is just right there, I could have bought my natal day cake there at their shop. Well anyways, when we (I and Sister) were there, the shop was jam-pack. The same scenario was also noticed from there Robinson's Branch. Indeed, it is the famous cake shop in the city. I ordered for 2 silvanas, 1 piece sans rival, 1piece mango cloud and 1 kahlua java while my sister got the lasagna and Iced chocolate.

I fell in love with their house specialty Sans Rival cake (seen in the photo above) which retailed Php26 per slice and their trademark Silvannas (photo below) at Php13 a piece. It tasted perfectly sweet, promise!!! I must say that I nibbled it slowly to savor its richy flavor longer.

Silvannas
Oh my!!! I was totally in awe with its richy delicious creamy taste and take note, with a cheap price. I and my sister felt actually upset that we only tasted this delicacy now when we have been in this city several times. 

Photos below are also sold on their cakeshop and one of their best sellers. I also loved their Kahlua Java, it perfectly match my ordered cakes. And of course, their lasagna and Iced Chocolate. It has a rich original taste of cocoa. It tasted like a native tsokolate served with ice. I never tasted the tsokolate in ice but it tasted good.

Mango Cloud at Php37 per slice
Kahlua Java at Php55
Lasagna (Php 60) and Iced Chocolate (Php60)
The cake store was originally a small scale garage bakeshop of Trinidad "Tita Trining" Teves-Sagarbarria and eventually successfully evolved through time making it to date, a famous local icon of the city. 

So the next time I will visit Dumaguete City, I will definitely not miss this sweet rendezvous at Sans Rival, truly one of the reasons to come back in Dumaguete City.

Back to Tsada sa Dumaguete main post.




No comments: