May 31, 2011

Alavar SeaFood House

Topic: Seafood Rice
Place: Alavar SeaFood House, Paseo del Mar, Zamboanga City

I got entice with the sight when I saw the display of this seafood rice in Alavar Restaurant, Paseo del Mar branch. That was my first time to know the existence of this particular version of rice style of cooking and so I ordered for it together with my friends, P35 per scoop. The display was so tempting ( color orange rice with lots of shrimps and clams) that I couldn't resist not to nimble. And so I ordered for a scoop just to have a taste of it.



But I got dismayed when the order arrived on my table. The one given to me was slightly different from the one being displayed. There was only one shrimp and one clam with a scoop of the orange rice. The rice was served cold and that it was overcooked. (Who would have thought that way, when it is overly displayed) I felt dumbfounded when I saw the serving maybe it was due to the sudden rush of enzymes on my stomach that I failed to think that I am getting just exactly proportionate with the amount paid.

Had the chance of returning it and exchanged for something else, I would grab it with no doubt. I don't know what happen, but I had some good experiences with this restaurant, in fact one of my favorites is their Kuracha.

 

No comments: