October 01, 2011

SM City North EDSA


The SM City North EDSA is not new anymore, it was opened to public in November 1985. But because of the recent developments (Sky Garden) it became a smash-mouth among my colleagues that is why I visited this mall. It is in Quezon City, at the intersection of North Avenue and Epifanio Delos Santos Avenue. I believe that it is the second largest mall in the world.

I was a bit confuse when I read a certain information from a certain source in the net, accordingly that this mall is the biggest mall in the Philippines. All I thought was the SM Mall of Asia but it is only second to this mall in terms of the actual size of the mall. The former is bigger in terms of the entire land area.

This is actually my first time in this mall, and I realized that they were all the same, they only differ of course on the design and the location.

The "Sky Garden" of this mall is an elevated garden that attempts to soften the hard urban environment of EDSA intersection with lush green lawn, waterscapes, ponds and trees. I love the canopied walkways design and is especially nice at night with all those light effects. It gave me the feeling that I am not in the intersection of the always-traffic EDSA and they truly got their main reasons for building such.

  

Please click............................ Back to My Gay (Misadventure) Manila Trip Part 2

No comments: